The Professional Writer's Grammar and Spelling Check Tool Kit for Mac
- Grammarian PRO2 X, the professional writer's tool kit, is the ultimate arsenal of professional writing tools to combat those embarrassing writing errors that everyone tends to make, a universal interactive grammar checking, smart spelling checking, dictionary, thesaurus, AutoCorrect, and styled-text AutoType tool that virtually works with every program on your computer.
Enhance your writing experience! Download a free trial version of Grammarian PRO2 today, and see for yourself.
Why You Need Grammarian PRO2
A few reasons:
- Check Grammar, Spelling, and Punctuation here, there, and everywhere on the Mac. Wherever you write, Grammarian PRO2 is there. Grammarian PRO2's features are universally available, anywhere you enter text, in all applications-word processors, email, web browsers, and all other applications.
- Easy and powerful. Convenient and easy to use. All commands are accessed from a global universal Mac OS X system menu.
- Automatically save time and keystrokes. With Grammarian PRO2's AutoType, you type a few letters and Grammarian PRO2 automatically expands them. Save precious time and keystrokes. Insert standard greetings, phrases, and signatures as formatted text. Correct typos automatically. Insert the current date and time in any preferred format. And do so much more.
Qualified and reporting for duty. Whether you are writing an email, a class essay, scientific articles, or your PhD Doctoral Dissertation, Grammarian PRO2 will assist you along the way. Remembering all the proper grammar and spelling rules from previous academic terms/years can be difficult. Implementing those rules is another matter entirely. Let Grammarian PRO2 help you. After all, Grammarian PRO2 has over 30 years of dedicated educational lab research and is qualified to assist you.
Feature-rich all-in-one Grammarian PRO2:
- Grammarian PRO2 X is an all-in-one spelling checker, grammar checker, punctuation checker, style checker, phrase usage checker, and more. Grammarian PRO2 X reads through your text and analyzes each sentence for potential spelling, grammar, and punctuation problems.
- Has much more spelling and grammar checking power than the limited and crippled checkers in Microsoft Word™, Microsoft Office™, and Mac OS X.
- Has over 200 built-in primary spelling and grammar writing rules compared to MS Office's 26 error corrections.
- Checks homophones-words that sound the same but are spelled differently such as it's for its, accept for except, loose for lose, to for too and two, and many more.
- Reference aid displays parts of speech and linear sentence diagraming, to assist with evaluating the right choice of corrections.
- Check spelling interactively as you type or all at once after you type.
- Grammarian PRO2 works in word processors, email applications, and web browsers, almost anywhere that you can enter text.
- Write faster, better, and with more confidence using Grammarian PRO2's extensive AutoType and AutoCorrect features.
- Grammarian PRO2 corrects typo mistakes, grammar errors, spelling errors in or out of context, phrase usage, and punctuation errors. Grammarian PRO2's AutoType feature will save you much time by typing your commonly-used words, phrases, and paragraphs for you.
- Conveniently look up words, meanings, and more, using Grammarian PRO2's built-in dictionary and thesaurus.
- Quickly modify and clean up text. Analyze your writing using Grammarian PRO2's statistics and statistics analysis functionality.
Check grammar and spelling
Grammarian PRO2 X works interactively or in batch correction mode and automatically starts working in your applications to correct spelling, grammar, phrase usage, and punctuation. Use the built-in dictionary assistant to look up definitions and verify the correct choice of words. AutoCorrect corrects many spelling mistakes automatically as you type. Also, create styled-text AutoType shorthand macros that will automatically type your commonly used signature phrases. Checks your spelling, grammar, phrase usage, and punctuation interactively as you type!
Check grammar and spelling as you type
When interactive checking is turned on, Grammarian PRO2 watches what you type so you can make corrections as you are writing. Grammarian PRO2 can alert you when an error is detected with your choice of selectable sounds or voices. You can set different alert sounds for each error type. Whenever Grammarian PRO2 sees that you have made an error, a list of suggested words appears. You can choose to see the list in a window or in a pop-up menu list. The list is comprehensive; and so, when you find the correct word, simply double-click it with the mouse or type in the number beside the right word. Grammarian PRO2 will instantly and automatically type the correction for you.
Check grammar and spelling check after you finish
To check your document after you've finished typing, use Grammarian PRO2's 'Check Selection...' command. Grammarian PRO2 pastes corrections into your document all at once. Interactive checking and after-the-fact checking aren't mutually exclusive. Let Grammarian PRO2 check your spelling as you type and also check your grammar and spelling afterwards all at once just before you send off your document. Grammarian PRO2 maintains all style formatting in your documents. PC-based web browser copy/paste grammar checkers do not maintain document character formatting. Only Grammarian PRO2 keeps all document character formatting intact.
Improve All Text
Academic, professional, and creative writings all require unique styles of editing. Grammarian’s technology adapts to your writing needs, ensuring that no matter what your project may be, your grammar is impeccable. Just choose the writing style of the writing that you need edited, and voilà! Download Grammarian now to get started.
- Students and Academia
- Proofread essays and academic papers
- Polish emails, memos, and proposals
- Job Applicants
- Edit resumes and cover letters
- Authors and Writers
- Proofread editorial copy, blog posts, and stories
- English Learners and Native Speakers
- Spell check, improve text and writing skills
- Medical and Technical Writers
- Grammar check medical reports, product descriptions, and white papers
Grammarian PRO2 types automatically
Let Grammarian PRO2 fix typo mistakes, smarten punctuation, finish what you've started to type, and do the repetitive typing for you. Automatically, instantly, invisibly-often without you even noticing.
AutoType-Automatic typing of styled text
Grammarian PRO2 can save many hours of typing and wear and stress on your hands and wrists-all by typing for you. Using Grammarian PRO2's AutoType typing expansion feature, you can create self-expanding AutoType shorthand abbreviations that save you typing and ensure spelling consistency. Create hundreds of shortcuts to boilerplate text responses, long URLs, entire signatures, addresses, names, phrases-anything you find yourself typing repeatedly. Grammarian PRO2's AutoType shorthand expansions can include dates and times, formatted almost any way you'd like.
AutoCorrect-instantly fix typo mistakes
Grammarian PRO2 automatically corrects many commonly misspelled words and typo mistakes. Grammarian PRO2 includes a list of close to 4,000 common typos (for US English) and spelling mistakes. Add your own automatic corrections-there's virtually no limit of the quantity that you can create and use!
Let Grammarian PRO2 automatically fix those DOubled CApitals, capitalize the first word of a sentence, and fix capitalization of proper nouns-instantly and automatically. Write like a professional-have Grammarian PRO2 automatically "smarten" quotation marks and other punctuation to be typographically correct. Grammarian PRO2 does it all.
Grammarian PRO2's dictionary and thesaurus
Use Grammarian PRO2's thesaurus to find synonyms and related words. Grammarian PRO2's built-in U.S. English thesaurus offers over two million entries for almost 250,000 words. Entry words contain definitions and parts of speech.
Finding the right word couldn't be easier. Look up the word selected in your document, or look up a word that you type into the Lookup window.
Grammarian PRO2's grammar and spelling error catching
According to comparative studies, Grammarian PRO X has always been the leader of grammar and spelling. And now again, nothing comes close to the accuracy, quality, and intellectual power of Grammarian PRO2.
Grammarian PRO2 has the most comprehensive error check capability. Nothing has ever matched Grammarian's completeness. You rely on the creditability of the grammar and spell checking application, and accuracy is the key to creditability. And Grammarian PRO2 has over 200 built-in primary spelling and grammar writing rules compared to MS Office's 26 error corrections.
Writing Rules, Phrase Usage, Grammar, and Punctuation
Grammarian's error checking is categorized into writing rules and writing styles. This allows you to customize Grammarian PRO2 according to your current or projected writing style. Grammar errors are grouped into phrase usage, grammar mechanics, and punctuation. Check for stylistic phrase usage errors such as Bookish Phrases, Cliches, Compound Words, Euphemisms, Formal, Faulty, French, Generic, Informal, Latin, Overly Formal, Racial, Redundant, Sexist, Collegiate, Vague, Wordy, Legal, and more. Check for textbook reference errors as Grammar Mechanics. The errors of this type now range from elementary to undergraduate course study. The error classes of this type include Misplaced Squinting Modifiers, Dangling Modifiers, Missing Prepositions, Subject-Verb Agreement, Antecedent Reference, Improper Parallelism, Double Negatives, and so many, many more. With over 28 years of research and lab work, Grammarian PRO2 provides you with the most sophisticated selection of error checking ever. This is capable only because of Grammarian's underlying Linguistic technologies and innovative connective algorithms designed and owned by Linguisoft. Decades of research and innovative design make this possible. Simple Natural Language Processing, Generative Grammar, Structural Linguistics, and Cognitive Linguistics are primitive caveman terms compared with today's standards of Linguisoft's Grammarian PRO2.
Grammarian PRO2, the most powerful spell checking in the world, includes grammar-lite spell checking and additionally checks for such spelling errors as: word compounding, homophones, spelling out numbers in a sentence, capitalizing of proper nouns, and more. ONLY Grammarian PRO2 even makes spelling suggestions based on how words are used in the sentence.
Homophones-not misspelled but spelling is incorrect...
Have you ever used the word it's as a possessive pronoun when you meant to use its. Or maybe you wrote to complement someone instead of compliment them. Well, these words are not misspelled but the spelling is incorrect depending on the context that the words are used. Grammarian PRO2 spots correctly spelled words that used in the wrong context. No more embarrassing typos like it's-its, complement-compliment, then-than, to-two-too, lose-loose. Homophones are common grammar and spelling errors. And common spelling checkers cannot catch these errors. Grammarian PRO2 easily catches them, and other than a trained human editor, ONLY Grammarian PRO2 catches them.
If you are a dyslexic typist, Grammarian PRO2 now helps you more than ever. PRO2's grammar and spell checking has the most comprehensive homophone checking ever. Nothing has ever before been successfully capable of checking and correcting these types of grammar and spelling errors.
And true multilingual spell checking
Grammarian PRO2 is ideal for multilingual applications. Check spelling in up to 17 different languages:
Multiple languages simultaneously, available everywhere.
Get Statistics and Analyze the Statistics
Use Grammarian PRO2's Statistics to determine your document's readability, along with the number of paragraphs, sentences, words, characters-even syllables. Check how interesting your writing is (Human Interest) and how difficult it is to read (Reading Ease). And let Grammarian PRO2 show what famous writing that is comparable with your writing.
Use Grammarian PRO2's Statistics Analysis to show sentence-by-sentence graphs of Sentence Length, Human interest, Readability, Passive Sentences, Nominalizations, and Coherence words and phrases.
Your professional advantage
Write, edit, and review. Use Grammarian PRO2's professional Statistics tools to review your writing in order to target your audience.
Grammarian PRO2 X takes full advantage of Mac OS X and also works in such Mac OS X applications as: Apple's iWork, BBEdit, Eudora, Mail, Mellel, Microsoft Office, Nisus Writer Express, Tex-Edit Plus, TextEdit, and many more.
Grammarian PRO2 X is the original and first true grammar checker from 1982 in which all others try to copy but just can't get it right. Now after over 30+ years, Grammarian PRO2 X is not only the world's first grammar checker; Grammarian PRO2 X is also the world's best grammar checker. Grammarian PRO2 X is what the PROs use. Improve your writing now!
Grammarian PRO2 is designed especially for the Mac and works offline without an internet connection. Grammarian PRO2 is a seamless integration of the Mac OS and your work flow.
* Grammarian PRO2 X for Mac OS X System 10.5.x through 10.11.x (Intel)
* Grammarian PRO X for Mac OS X System 10.4.x or 10.5.x (Universal)
- More Product Information
- Grammarian™ patents, trademarks, trade secrets, and copyrights are exclusively owned by Linguisoft Inc. All rights reserved.
Mac and the Mac logo are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
NBC Nightly News: November 10, 2005 - 6:30 PM EST
Americans' bad grammar costly. When the words are far from perfect and the boss has had enough.
Brian Williams, "We're in a bad grammar epidemic in this country. Perhaps, you've seen signs of it yourself in memos, documents, and computer-speak on the internet. Grammar and spelling have really gone the way of the black-and-white television set these days. What happened to the English language? Why has grammar gotten increasingly WORSER?" "It seems us Americans ain't talking too good, don't write worth a lick, and worser with emails." states NBC's Roger O'Neil. "Our grammar, punctuation, and spelling are/is abysmal. And Corporate America is saying STOP! A recent survey found that Fortune 500 companies are spending more than 3 billion dollars per year retraining workers in Basic English. Even writers have trouble writing." Business Writing Instructor, Roger S. Peterson, states "We simply now must salvage American English."